This policy applies to Personal Information collected, used and disclosed by Lantech. Additional privacy statements may also apply if you are a customer based in the European Union or Canada. Separate links are provided on Lantech’s main webpage to access these supplemental policies.
- Types of Information & Data Collected
Through its normal business operations, Lantech may collect from its employees, contractors, suppliers, and customers, certain personal data which is information that can be used to identify, locate or contact you. This information may include your name and contact details, information regarding the purchase, invoicing, and handling of any machinery or product, and credit card information. It also includes other data or related information, such as consumer preferences or website access data, which link to your personal identity. In order to optimize our further notifications to you and continually improve our products and services (including registration) we may ask you for information about your personal or professional interests, demographic background, and experiences with our products and services, as well as more detailed information pertaining to our contact with you. For purposes of this Policy, this type of information is called “Personal Information.”
Specifically, Lantech collects the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information that allows us to identify and to communicate with you, such as your name, phone number, username, mailing address, email address, and language preference.
- Relationship Information that helps us understand who you are and what you want in order to offer you products and services that may interest you, such as business information, your general location, and other demographic information.
- Transactional Information about how you interact with us and our business partners, including purchases, inquiries, and customer accounts.
- Financial Account Information as needed to complete your purchase, such as your credit card information and information about equipment financing and leasing activities.
- Directly From You: We collect Personal Information directly from you. We will ask you for Personal Information (e.g. Contact Information and Relationship Information) when you interact with us, such as when you register on our websites, sign up to receive a newsletter, or make a purchase. We may collect additional Relationship Information from third party data suppliers who enhance our files and help us better understand our customers, or from social media sites such as Facebook, if you “Like” our pages or join our communities. We also collect Personal Information when you use our mobile applications or contact us, such as for customer service purposes.
- From Our Affiliate(s), Distributors, and Other Business Partners: When you purchase or lease a product or obtain financing, we collect Personal Information (e.g. Transactional Information and Financial Account Information) from our distributors and financial affiliates. We may also collect Personal Information from third parties (such as when we obtain credit information or need to verify information that you have provided) in order to complete your purchase or to approve financing.
Lantech uses Personal Information for a variety of purposes, which may include:
- Customer Service: to fulfill orders for products or services, and for other services related to your order, such as product delivery, maintenance, warranty service, financing, leasing, and credit services;
- Product and Customer Support: to provide support, including monitoring and managing the health of your machines, to deliver upgrades and product improvement program communications, and for diagnostics and repairs, product safety and recalls;
- Marketing: to provide you with communications and offers for products and services from Lantech, including offers based on your interests, personal and business characteristics and location;
- Surveys & Promotional Events: to administer surveys, polls, sweepstakes, contests, loyalty programs and other promotional events;
- Eligibility: to determine if you are eligible for certain products, services or offers;
- Communications: to provide you with information that may be of interest, such as Lantech news, announcements, reminders, and technical service bulletins; and
- Management of Lantech’s Business Needs: such as payment processing and financial account management, product development, product safety, contract management, website administration, web-forum management, order or contract fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
Lantech is committed to respecting and protecting customer´s personal and other sensitive data. All use of personal information collected by Lantech is limited to the purpose of fulfilling our business requirements and contractual services.
Lantech limits our sharing of Personal Information as follows:
- We may share Personal Information with our affiliated companies and business partners.
- We may also share Personal Information with our service providers to fulfill obligations or to act on our behalf. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect the information and data, and to only use it in accordance with our instructions.
- We may disclose Personal Information where needed to permit the sale or transfer of business assets, to enforce our rights, protect our property, or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions.
- We will also disclose Personal Information when required to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena or court/tribunal order, including disclosure to law enforcement agencies and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
Note: Lantech may also disclose information and data about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may publish reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our customers and equipment. These reports do not contain information that would enable the recipient to contact, locate or identify you.
When you visit our website or use our mobile applications, we collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons.
For example, when you visit our website, we place cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return. They also help us provide a customized experience and enable us to detect certain kinds of fraud.
Lantech uses Flash Cookies (also known as Local Shared Objects), Microsoft Silverlight and similar technologies to personalize and enhance your online experience. The Adobe Flash Player is an application that allows rapid development of dynamic content, such as video clips and animation. Flash cookies (and similar applications) use technology to remember settings, preferences and usage similar to browser cookies, but these are managed through a different interface than the one provided by your web browser. To manage Flash and Silverlight cookies, please see Adobe’s and Microsoft’s websites.
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information about the device you use to access our website, your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. Our server logs also may record the IP address or derivative of the device you use to connect to the Internet. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to Lantech and the website you visit after you leave our site.
In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable way, without reference to Personal Information. For example, we use information we collect about website users to optimize our websites and to understand website traffic patterns.
Lantech has relationships with third party advertising companies to perform tracking and reporting functions for our web processing. These third party advertising companies may place cookies on your computer so that they can display targeted advertisements to you. These third party advertising companies are not authorized to collect Personal Information in this process.
You can limit the information you provide to Lantech. You can also limit the communications that Lantech sends to you. You may opt-out of receiving future marketing emails by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of marketing emails we send you. Alternatively, to opt-out of marketing emails, you can visit our website and communicate your choice to the relevant privacy contact.
Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving marketing material, we may still need to contact you with Transactional Information about your account or your equipment. For example, even if you opt-out of marketing emails, we will still send you a confirmation when you purchase something from us either directly or from our website or when we need to provide you with product safety communications.
You can manage cookie preferences and opt-out of having cookies and other similar collection technologies used by adjusting the settings on your browser or interface. All browsers and interfaces are different, so visit the “help” section of your browser or interface to learn about cookie preferences and other privacy settings that may be available.
You can manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share location information with Lantech, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies, by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
If you have any questions about your choices or if you need any assistance with opting-out, please contact us via email to Kellyw@Lantech.com. You can also write us at the address in Section 16, Contact Lantech, below. If you send us a letter, please provide your name, address, email address, and identify all the communications that you do not want to receive.
Lantech complies with applicable law regarding your ability to access, correct and delete your Personal Information. If you have an online account, you may be able to log into your account to access and update certain information you provided to us. If you need assistance updating or deleting your Personal Information, please contact us via email to Kellyw@Lantech.com. You can also write us at the address in Section 16, Contact Lantech, below. If you send us a letter, please provide your name, address, email address, and detailed information about the change you would like to make.
Lantech has implemented an information and data security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information. For example, we use industry-standard encryption technology to secure your financial account information and other sensitive Personal Information when it is being collected and transmitted over the Internet.
Customer data may be stored on Lantech’s servers based in the US or in the Netherlands. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant product or service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you have with Lantech or in a separate data retention schedule. Unless and until a customer requests removal of Lantech’s access to and use of personal data, Lantech will store the data in compliance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, as applicable, laws of EU jurisdictions. Lantech will have the right, but not the obligation, to store the data indefinitely, or to delete the data at any time upon expiration of the above-stated retention periods provided such data storage is in compliance with all applicable federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, as applicable, laws of EU jurisdictions. Customer acknowledges and agrees that certain messaging data, once deleted from the server(s) cannot be retrieved or re-created.
If you wish to cancel your registration with our website, you may do so by following the “unsubscribe” instructions on the relevant website. If you change your profile to opt-out of receiving communications, your record may stay on the system so we can ensure that we do not contact you in the future.
Lantech takes reasonable steps to ensure that personal data or information is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use.
Lantech, Inc. is a US company, headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, USA and its controlled affiliate is located in the Netherlands. Personal Information may be accessed by or transferred to the United States or to our controlled affiliate for the Purposes described in this Privacy Statement. When we access or transfer Personal Information, we do so in compliance with applicable law. Additionally, we protect the privacy and security of Personal Information, regardless of where it is processed or stored.
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of information and data by Lantech. If other websites may be accessible through this website, such other sites will have their own privacy policies and practices, including cookies. These third party policies will govern the use of personal information that you submit or which is collected by cookies whilst visiting these other websites. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by all third parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion. Lantech does not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
If you are aged 18 or under, please obtain your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide personal information to the Lantech. The Lantech website and applications are not intended to collect Personal Information from children. If you believe your child is using our website, please contact us at Kellyw@Lantech.com so we can investigate and address any inappropriate information.
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on a Lantech website, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behavior on our website, Lantech may use your personal information to stop such behavior. Where Lantech reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of the law (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory or predatory in nature), Lantech reserves the right to use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school, e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behavior.
If you have applied for employment with Lantech, the Personal Information submitted with your job application will be used by Lantech for recruitment and other internal human resources purposes.
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Statement to reflect new or different privacy practices. We will place a notice on our homepage when we make material changes to this Privacy Statement. Additionally, if the changes will materially affect the way we use or disclose previously collected Personal Information, we may also notify you about the change by sending a notice to you.
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement. You can reach us online at Kellyw@Lantech.com. You can reach us via mail directed to:
Chief Privacy Officer
11000 Bluegrass Parkway
Louisville, KY 40299